BE FIT Festival
September 5th, 2015
The BE FIT Festival, held this year on September 2nd, was a huge success! This day was a chance for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids to make a positive impact on the lives of children and their families in the Grand Rapids community. The event was held as part of the Healthy Michigan Today initiative.
We had 710 total people show up for the event (between the three clubs)! The first 600 youth received backpacks to start the school year off right. Thanks to our generous donors and partners, we were also able to giveaway 75 bikes to help our youth stay healthy when at home.
A special thanks to all the partners who helped make this event possible:
- Michigan Health Endowment Fund
- Teleperformance USA (donated 600 backpacks)
- Celebration Cinema & Family Fitness (donated 75 bikes / volunteers)
- Michigan Apple Committee (donated 600 apples)
- Old Orchard (donated juice and lemonade)
- Spectrum Health Young Professionals (volunteers)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (volunteers)
- BeachFit (volunteers / donated water)