Volunteer Spotlight: Vincent M. Davis
April 24th, 2012
- Where were you born?
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Where did you attend school?
- Ottawa Hills High School
- Michigan State University
- List at least three fun facts about you:
- I am a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated.
- I am the youngest of three siblings.
- I do not like cheese, but I love pizza!
- What are some of your hobbies?
- I enjoy playing basketball and football.
- I travel to a new place at least once a year.
- I participate in community service regularly.
- Do you have a favorite quote?
“Shoot for the moon and if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” ~Les Brown/ Beanie Sigel
6. Please share a story with us at your volunteer site.
As a past member of the formerly known “Seidman Center Youth Commonwealth”, I am overly enthused by the strides and lasting impact the Seidman Boys & Girls Club is making in our community. Students from various schools have the opportunity to take full advantage of the multiple resources, teams, and activities offered. I am very appreciative of the voluntary position I serve in and I am truly amazed by the young talented girls I work with on the basketball team. I recognize the growth of each player on the team as well as other students I interact with at the Boys & Girls Club. I am very glad I am able to help others, as staff of the Center helped me as a youth in the community. Overall, volunteering at the Seidman Boys & Girls Club has been a beneficial experience not only for me but for all of the staff and students involved with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids Youth Commonwealth.